Saturday, January 06, 2007

Multiple Intelligences Study

Welcome to the new year! To begin our semester, we are going to learn a bit about the theory of multiple intelligences (MI), which may help you understand how you learn. I've provided links to some websites to help you get started. I'm asking you to do three simple assignments this week:

1) Go on line and take a MI (multiple intelligences) inventory to see which are your dominant intelligences. Then read about the attributes of your main intelligence. Print out a copy of the inventory you take and bring it to class on Wednesday, January 10.

2) Go back to the online sources and read about all 8 of the intelligences. By Friday, January 12, be ready for a quiz that will check your understanding of the basics.

3) By Friday, January 12, add a comment to this blog post. Do a two-minute reflection about what you have found interesting about studying MI. In addition, choose a well-known, contemporary person who you feel shares your dominant intelligence. Explai why you think this is so.

We will discuss more about multiple intelligences in class on Wednesday and Friday.

5 comments:

Christina E. said...

I really did not think I would have such low scores in visual, lingual, and logical thinking. This was surprising. I knew I would get a high score in musical but not kineastetic or naturalistic. I am in tune with nature but I didnt know I would get a high score in it. I never thought I was very kineastetic at all... WEIRD! At least now I know how I learn and what ones I can improve upon. It's good to know what I am good at and what where I have room to grow.

Erin O said...

After taking the MI test I found it very interesting to see what my pros and cons are. I am Intrapersonal, and Interpersonal. I do believe that I am a people person, and I do know my own weakeness and strong points. I really liked this activity because, in class we got to see what everyones intelligences were.
A well-known person who shares my dominat intelligence is probably, Tyra Banks, because she knows herself well, and can easily relate and openly talk to others.

Anonymous said...

After taking the Multiple Intelligence test, my results were not really that surprising. My strongest intelligence was visual. I can pretty much picture anything in my mind. My weakest intelligence that has shocked me was musical! I love music and I listen to it everyday. A person that is like me would be my father. He can picture anything in his mind and if he wants to do it, then he does it, just like me. Also, he is not that good at music.

Alex C. said...

I must say that my dominant intelligence being musical doesn't totally surprise me, after all my ipod is full to the breaking point with songs. However I was surprised I wasn't more number oriented, after ally I love math and can pick out patterns easily. One person that definitely shares my intelligence is my dad. If you were to put all his CD's, records and misc. songs onto his already outstanding itunes library you could listen to it for up to two and a half months without a repeat. Also he can hear the patterns in music really well like me. Well that’s all for this blog.

Marcus P said...

I thought the multiple intelligences test was pretty acurate for the most part, on one of them i would have expected a higher score than a 78 out of one hundred on the bodily kinesthetic part, and on the other test i took i would have thought i would have scored sower than an 8 out of 12 on the musical part of the test. otherwise i thought the test was accurate, i scored high on the math and visual and really low on the nature, basically exactly how i feel about my strengths and weaknesses.